Sunday 26 February 2023

 The anticipation is palpable

It's like a burning hunger in my chest.

Will he look to me the same?

Or will he see me with new eyes 

Ones that are less adoring 

An English Rose he said 

I can't imagine that's how he sees me 

I'm just plain average 

Nothing more 

My kindness runs through me 

My heart, always on show

Arms always open 

Accepting

Forgiving  

These are my qualities

These keep me steady on my feet 

Grounded 

Humble 

I know my worth.

I know he sees me 

The light inside 

I know he seeks comfort in it's heat 

But is my shine bright enough 

Are my arms soft enough 

My mouth gentle enough 

It's my skin as silk as he imagined 

Is my carress  like velvet on his 

Does my breath dance against  his neck 

Forcing all abandonment  

And reason 

Does he give in 

Does he let go 

Do I? 


Chef 

Xx







No comments:

Post a Comment