Wednesday 22 February 2023

 God how your lines draw me in 

I've never been so affected 

So delighted 

And enticed into silence 

I am moved each time you share yourself 

Your thoughts 

Your soul 

Your design

I've only questioned once your truth 

But I have no need anymore 

I feel how your thoughts flow 

How they twist into poetry at my feet 

From your tongue 

Sweet sonnets of honesty rest upon my tortured skin 

Whispered promises, hushed by my doubting ears 

Cradle this questioning heart 

Are those words mine?

For Me? 

Freely given 

Without need for payment or reproach

Where have you been?

You sweet lamenting soul of a man 

Cover me with your unchaste emotion 

Drown me in endless conversation of future things

Take of this hand 

And show me 

Guide me 

Lead me 

Just show me









No comments:

Post a Comment